Tuesday, May 06, 2008

silvery muffs

I just discovered that I had been tagged by Michael Hovnanian on his Bass Blog last Friday. He lists the rules of the tag:
Rules:


1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.


The nearest book was Opera as Drama by Joseph Kerman, but I'd sort of rather not be caught out as such a music nerd. Also, page 123 contains a long musical example from a duet between Otello and Desdemona, making the already bizarre and arbitrary rules sort of awkward to follow.

Another relatively nearby book was The Calgary Gardener, published by the Calgary Horticultural Society, which reads as follows:
The leaves are long and tongue shaped, densely covered with white silky hairs and downy to the touch. Quiet and unobtrusive in their silvery muffs, the small purplish flowers are borne in whorls atop long woolly spikes. 'Silver Carpet' is a nonflowering variety.
I hope that is satisfactory for your purposes, Mr. Hip Internet Tagger Guy. I in turn will tag:

Jeff White
Lauren Robinson
Mark Kevin Hall
Jason Heath
Denise Cheung and/or Brad Ottesen

I'll be pretty impressed if any of these people even reads this post, since my blog's been chronically sporadic of late. Still, a tag's a tag. And I already broke the first couple rules.

No comments: