Monday, August 06, 2007

on the way to Calgary: Great Falls

Maybe I shouldn't have raved so much about the mountains in Arizona and Utah - today I drove through Montana and it was just freakishly gorgeous. I'm running out of superlatives here. We live in an awesome, breathtaking country, and I could have never imagined a lot of the things I saw today. Of course there's a lot of this country you can't see from an interstate highway - I would have preferred to stop and gawk at some of those canyons and waterfalls for a bit longer. A lot of places in Montana, though, you can't get to except on a freeway. It's just to bad you have to go speeding by it at 75 m.p.h.!

No pictures today, since I'm booked into a motel without internet connections. I went to a local Barnes & Noble to send some e-mails, but I don't have all the cords to hook up my camera. Tonight is my last night in the United States for a while - it's strange to be leaving my country now, after seeing so much of it for the first time! - but I'll post some photos as soon as I can get online in Calgary.

No comments: