Thursday, November 24, 2005

are you having enough picnics?

While we were growing up, one of my mom's constant worries was that my brother, my sister, and I were not sufficiently enjoying childhood. "Do you feel like you're having enough picnics?" she would ask us, and we would try to reassure her. It was really very sweet, now that I think about it - probably more parents today worry that their kids aren't getting enough practice tests. I'm not sure that we ever had an actual picnic, but that was my mother's vision of an idyllic childhood.

I was never particularly partial to picnics anyway, but I have always liked climbing trees. I decided I haven't been climbing enough trees lately, so I decided to climb this one today. It's amazing how climbing up a crazy tangled tree can change your perspective on the world.

Happy Thanksgiving! Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa

No comments: